Prom season is upon us, which can only mean one thing…it’s time to get prepped, pampered and papped. Some would say the hardest part of getting ready for prom is finding the perfect dress, but we would have to disagree. For us, it’s all about prom make up.
With selfies and yearbook selects on the line, your prom make up look is destined to take the spotlight. From your complexion and contouring to lips and lashes, every little details counts. But, with so many beauty trends filling up your feeds, how do you decide what look to go for? Dolphin skin? Siren eyes? Diamond lips? There’s a TikTok trend for pretty much every step of your cosmetic routine.
Luckily for you, we’ve enlisted the help of the Cult Beauty team to guide you through the best TikTok inspired prom looks destined to take the crown.
THE BEST PROM MAKE UP LOOKS
THE EUPHORIA EVOLUTION
I’m still – and will always be – obsessed with the make up lewks served in the hit HBO series Euphoria (think audacious colours, winged eyeliner, and wearable rhinestones). So, if I could turn back time and hit prom night again, I would 100% replicate the show’s dramatic and somewhat ethereal make up. Get ready to grab the eyeliner and liberally scatter the gemstones; it’s time to party… – Alice, Senior Copywriter
Follow the steps below to recreate Maddie’s iconic crystal constellation:
- Apply Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix 24hr Cream Colour close to your lash line, extending it towards the end of the brow, then blend it out with soft-bristle eyeshadow up brush
- Then, layer Danessa Myricks Twin Flames pigments on top, and blend it smoothly towards your brown bone.
- Next, wet NYX Professional Make Up Pro Angled Brush and use NARS’ Copper Cosmetic Voyageur eyeshadow palette to create the fierce flick.
- Now, it’s time to add some shine. If you’re wanting to make a statement apply five crystal rhinestones over the end of the wing in a V shape. Or, for a more wearable look, dab About Face’s Fractal Glitter Eye Paint softly onto lids and around eyes.
- Complete the look with a stroke of Benefit’s Roller Lash Lifting And Curling Mascara for a fluttery finish.